Thank you for all of your positive feedback on this week's remote learning- we are thrilled that the children are enjoying the structure of the daily plans, the range of activities and lessons including the audio PowerPoints that their teachers have prepared. We appreciate that there have been some technical issues when accessing resources and documents but hope that the support that has been offered so far has helped. You will find two short videos on the class pages of the website to support you and the children: Introduction to Remote Learning and Uploading and Sharing work on j2e.
Below are a few points that will hopefully answer some of the common questions we have received:
- Class teachers are preparing daily remote learning plans and resources to deliver a blended approach to learning as the lessons on the daily plans are followed by the children who are accessing their learning in school as well as those who are learning at home.
- We would love the children to share a few pieces of learning each week with their class teacher either by uploading this onto j2E (look out for the video on how to do this) or by sending a photo/ screenshot to the parent@earlsdon email address marking it clearly for the attention of your child's class teacher. Thank you and well done to the children who have been sharing their work this week.
- The older children have been using their plans to ensure they can structure their day as if they were in school. It is however perfectly acceptable for parents with younger children to pick some key learning activities and complete them in smaller more manageable chunks throughout the day to fit around the needs of your family. Not all of the work has to be completed every day- we are so impressed that families have been supporting the children so well as we recognise that you will be juggling many commitments and demands on your time.
- Please contact school if you require any resources to support your children at home or if you don't have your child's green home learning book (Y1-Y6). We are happy to arrange for you to collect the resources you need, but they will need to be collected at the beginning or end of the day (between 8.45-9am or 3pm-3.15pm) as we are trying to keep visitors to a minimum during the school day.
- We will be using Microsoft Teams to invite the children who are learning at home to a weekly remote learning session. This will provide the opportunity to celebrate the children's learning, offer guidance, provide feedback and explain next steps. These Teams sessions will only be available to the children who are learning at home, so if your child is in school (or attends school on any day during the week) and you receive an invite there is no need for your child to attend.